7 inch field monitor with high resolution LCD and HDMI input/output.
5D-ii is Lilliput's most advanced 7" monitor, built for the pro-video professional on a budget. Features include 1:1 pixel mapping, peaking and foldable sun-hood/screen protector, 5D-ii offers advanced functionality in an easy-to-use, great value monitor.
Rated 4 out of 5 stars by Amateur Photographer magazine, our customers are confident knowing they have purchased the most competitive field monitor on their budget.Buy Now! Orders of 2+
4/5 star award in Amateur Photographer
5D-ii was reviewed in the 29 September 2012 issue of Amateur Photographer magazine, and was awarded a solid 4 out of 5 stars. The reviewer, Damien Demolder, praised the 5D-ii as 'a first rate screen that offers very good value compared to the Sony competitor'. Read the full review online here (link opens in new window).
7 inch monitor with wide screen aspect ratio
5D-ii has a high resolution, wide screen 7" LCD: the perfect combination for DSLR use and the ideal size to fit neatly in a camera bag. Customers looking for a smaller screen size may be interested in Lilliput's 5 inch monitor.
Optimised for DSLR cameras
Compact size, 1:1 pixel mapping, and peaking functionality are the perfect complements to your DSLR camera's features.
1:1 pixel mapping - find the finest details
5D-ii shows you the true detail your camera captures. This feature is called 1:1 pixel mapping, allowing you to maintain the original resolution of your cameras output and avoid any unexpected focus issues in post-production.
Peaking - fine-tune your focus
Focus is a major concern with DSLR users. Lilliput's field monitors are great at displaying accurate images, but 5D-ii makes focusing even easier with its peaking functionality.
Foldable sunhood becomes screen protector
Customers frequently asked Lilliput how to prevent their monitor's LCD from getting scratched, especially in transit. Lilliput responded by designing 5D-ii's smart screen protector that folds out to become a sun hood. This solution provides protection for the LCD and saves space in the customers camera bag (no need to carry around big sun hoods).
HDMI video output - no annoying splitters
Most DSLRs only have one HDMI video output, so customers need to buy expensive and cumbersome HDMI splitters to connect more than one monitor to the camera. But not with 5D-ii.
5D-ii includes an HDMI-output feature which allows allows customers to duplicate the video content onto a second monitor - no annoying HDMI splitters required. The second monitor can be any size and picture quality will not be affected. Please note: this feature is only available when purchased directly from Lilliput UK.
Lilliput's intelligent HD scaling technology used on the 668GL has worked wonders for our customers. But some customers need higher native resolutions. 5D-ii uses the latest LED-backlit display panels that feature 25% higher native resolutions. This provides higher levels of detail and image accuracy.
High contrast ratio
5D-ii provides even more innovations to pro-video customers with its super-high contrast LCD. The 800:1 contrast ratio produces colours that are vivid, rich - and importantly - accurate. Combine this with the high resolution LCD and 1:1 pixel mapping, 5D-ii provides the most accurate picture of all Lilliput monitors.
Configurable to suit your style
Since Lilliput introduced the complete range of HDMI monitors, we have had countless requests from our customers to make changes to improve our offering. Some features have been included as standard on 5D-ii, but those features that didn't make it in can be customised to you, using the 4 programmable function buttons.
Wide viewing angles
Lilliput's monitor with the widest viewing angle has arrived! With a stunning 150 degrees viewing angle, you can get the same vivid picture from wherever you are standing - great for sharing the video from your DSLR with the whole film crew.
- Screen size (diagonal)
- Aspect ratio
- Resolution (pixels)
- 1024×600 (native), 1920×1080 (maximum)
- Pixel pitch (mm)
- Scan frequency (Hz)
- Response time (ms)
- Viewing angle (degrees)
- 150º x, 130º y
- Brightness (cd/m²)
- Contrast ratio
- LCD backlight
- Video inputs
- Video outputs
- Audio outputs
- Touch screen inputs
- Input power source
- DC 12V
- Operating temperature
- Please contact us
- Mount type
- ¼ inch BSW thread, shoe mount
- Width (mm)
- Depth (mm)
- Height (mm)
- Weight (g)
- Are there any incompatible cameras that you are aware of for 5D-ii/O/P?
- We are not aware of any issues with any cameras at present - it should work with any camera unit that has an HDMI output.
- Does 5D-ii/O/P have touch screen functionality?
- No – the smallest screen size we have with a touch screen is the model 669GL-70NP/C/T.
- What is the power requirement of 5D-ii/O/P?
- The power supply included with 5D-ii/O/P is a 12V 2A standard UK wall socket connector. The unit itself requires 12v (power consumption is <10W), and the current usage is 800mA.
- Can I use my camera batteries to power 5D-ii/O/P?
- Yes – you can use certain types of battery to power 5D-ii/O/P. We supply converter plates which make the monitor compatible with the following types of battery: Canon LP-E6, Sony F-970, Sony QM91D, Panasonic DU21. An internet search for your camera model number should detail which battery you have, and whether or not it is compatible.
- What connections can be used to attach my camera to 5D-ii/O/P?
- 5D-ii/O/P attaches to your camera using the HDMI port on the back. We supply a mini-HDMI to HDMI cable in the box, however if your camera has a standard HDMI output you can use this just as capably.
- How many pixels does the 5D-ii/O/P LCD panel have?
- The panel has a native resolution of 1024×600, giving 614,440 pixels on screen.
- What resolutions does 5D-ii/O/P support?
- The native resolution is 1024×600 pixels, however it will support inputs (through scaling) of 480p (640×480), 576i (PAL resolution interlaced), 720p (1280×720 progressive scan), 1080i (1920×1080 interlaced) and 1080p (1920×1080 progressive scan). Differences in aspect ratio between the input signal and the monitor can be rectified using the monitors built in aspect ratio configuration setting – however some ratios will result in horizontal “widescreen” bars or image stretching.
- Does 5D-ii/O/P have any extra focus assist functions?
- Yes, 5D-ii/O/P has integrated functionality for peaking, false colour, exposure (zebras), and a histogram function.
- What is peaking?
- Peaking is the ability of the monitor to easily delineate which exact parts of the image are in focus and which are not. The monitor will surround the areas that are in current focus with a red outline so as to help you refine this focus better, alter it as you require.
- What is false colour?
- False colour is a tool to allow you to gauge the exposure levels of your image easily and quickly. The monitor takes the image from the camera, and assigns false colouring to it depending on where the image is exposed. If the image is over exposed you’ll likely see more red in the false colour view, under exposed and you’ll likely see more dark blue in the false colour view.
- What are Exposure Zebras?
- Exposure zebras are very much akin to the False Colour tool in so far as they are a gauge of the exposure level of the image in question. If the image is approaching a level of over-exposure, the zebra lines will begin to appear on the monitor to warn of this.
- What is the Histogram?
- The histogram offers a graphical representation of the levels of brightness in the current image. The unit displays this information as a graph, with the x-axis delineating the brightness, and the y-axis defining the intensity. If you were to push a very dark image at the monitor, the histogram would show high intensity toward the left hand (dark) side of the graph. If you were to push a bright picture at the monitor, you’d see a high intensity at the right hand (bright) side of the graph. This allows for a quick shorthand way of defining exposure in the overall picture, helping you to strike the correct balance in your shots.
- Does 5D-ii/O/P have colour calibration functions?
- It has the facility to output a complete Red, Green or Blue signal for calibration with a colour chart. It should be noted that the R/G/B signals that are sent out for colour calibration are the same as setting the one setting to high, and the rest to low on the monitor. For instance – the red plane is the same as setting red to 100% on the colour adjustment settings, and the green / blue to 0% (giving a red only signal). The result of this is that the monitor doesn’t allow for adjustments of its internal colour setting when this calibration signal is being output.
- Can 5D-ii/O/P be used for outside shooting?
- Yes – 5D-ii/O/P has a screen brightness of 250cd/m2 and contrast ratio of 800:1 which, when used with the supplied with a foldable plastic sunshade give a remarkable picture quality. To give added extra protection, the sun shade folds down to act as a screen protector while the unit is in transit.
- Can I attach headphones to 5D-ii/O/P for sound?
- Yes – however 5D-ii/O/P will only play sound if the source connection is HDMI – the other connectivity cables do not pass sound into the system, only image.
- I have seen that eBay and Amazon list 5D-ii units with different lettering at the end. Is there a difference?
- Yes, there is a difference. The lettering determines the exact model you have. Lilliput UK only supply and approve one specification for this unit – this has the designation 5D-ii/O/P. The 5D-ii is the model number, 'O' means HDMI out, and 'P' means peaking/focus assist functions. Units available for purchase through Amazon/eBay are not UK approved stock, and as such are not supported by Lilliput UK. Please click here to find out more.
Please note: product specifications, features, images and related downloads are subject to change at Lilliput UK's discretion at any time without prior notification. Lilliput UK Ltd cannot be held liable for outdated product information. Should customers have any queries about listed product specifications, please call Lilliput UK Ltd on +44 0845 0068868.