Lilliput's 665GL-70NP/HO/Y takes the great benefits of the 667GL-70NP/H/Y, but features a super-high resolution LCD, the highest contrast ratio found on any Lilliput monitor and user programmable function buttons. Including an XLR power input and removable battery plates, the 665GL is Lilliput's highest grade pro-video 7" monitor.
As with all Lilliput pro-video monitors, customers are provided with the full package when they buy the 665GL directly from Lilliput UK -- there are no optional extras required.
Please note: customers are advised to confirm battery compatibility by reading the 'Features' section below.Orders of 5+
7 inch monitor with enhanced resolution and contrast
The 665GL-70NP/HO/Y features a 25% higher screen resolution over Lilliput's other 7" HDMI monitors, squeezing 1024×600 pixels onto a 7 inch LCD panel. Combined with a 700:1 contrast ratio -- a record for any Lilliput monitor -- the 665GL is Lilliput's most competitive pro video offering to date.
Designed for the pro video market, at quarter of the price
Cameras, lenses, tripods and lights are all expensive - but your field monitor doesn't have to be. Lilliput are famous for manufacturing durable and high quality hardware, at a fraction of the cost of competitors. The 665GL creates an even more compelling reason to buy a Lilliput: superior resolution, contrast and a generous offering of included extras!
Lilliput's highest resolution 7" monitor
Why is a high resolution important on a 7" monitor? Any professional videographer will tell you that a higher resolution provides more detail, so what you see on the field monitor is what you get in post production. The 665GL features 25% more pixels than Lilliput's alternative 7" monitors, such as the 668GL-70NP/H/Y.
Lilliput's highest contrast ratio monitor
If the 25% increase in screen resolution on the 665GL wasn't enough to make you upgrade, the 700:1 contrast ratio definitely will. The 665GL has the highest contrast ratio out of all monitors in the Lilliput range, thanks to enhanced LED backlight technology. All colours look clear and consistent, so you won't get any nasty surprises in post production.
HDMI video output - no annoying splitters required
Most DSLRs only have one HDMI video output, so customers need to buy expensive and cumbersome HDMI splitters to connect more than one monitor to the camera. But not with the 665GL.
The 665GL includes an HDMI-output feature which allows allows customers to duplicate the video content onto a second monitor - no annoying HDMI splitters required. The second monitor can be any size and picture quality will not be affected. Please note: this feature is only available when purchased directly from Lilliput UK.
Wide power input range
Rather than a standard 12V DC power input in common with the rest of Lilliput monitors, we decided to improve the power features. The 665GL benefits from a much wider 6-24V DC input range, making the 665GL suitable for many more applications and ready to work on absolutely any shoot!
Configurable to suit your style
Since Lilliput introduced the complete range of HDMI monitors, we have had countless requests from our customers to make changes to improve our offering. Some features have been included as standard on the 665GL, but those features that didn't make it in can be customised to you, using the 4 programmable function buttons.
Even wider viewing angles
When we introduced the Lilliput 667GL-70NP/H/Y, our customers appreciated the superior viewing angles - but they needed even more flexibility! When the 665GL was in development, we used an LCD panel that provided an enhanced viewing angle, which means your content can now be easily seen from an even wider angle.
Our widest selection of battery plates
When customers purchased the 667GL-70NP/H/Y directly from Lilliput UK, they were pleased to find a full selection of battery plates compatible with various camera batteries. With the 665GL, an even wider selection of battery plates are bundled, including a DU21, QM91D, and F970 (please note: this offer only applies when purchased directly from Lilliput UK). V-type and A-to-N battery plates are also available for the unit - please enquire for prices.
Please note: Lilliput UK Ltd will not accept returns on this product for battery incompatibility issues.
HDMI, and component and composite through BNC connectors
No matter which camera or AV equipment our customers use with the 665GL, there is a video input to suit all applications.
Most DSLR cameras ship with an HDMI output, but larger production cameras output HD component and regular composite through BNC connectors. Unique to the 665GL, this monitor is also available with an HD-SDI video input (model number 665GL-70NP/HO/Y/S). By default, Lilliput UK Ltd stock the non-HD-SDI model, but please contact us for a quote.
Shoe mount adapter included
The 665GL is truly a complete field monitor package - in the box you will also find a shoe mount adapter, which can retail for around £20/€25 when purchased from camera equipment suppliers.
There are also two quarter inch British Standard Whitworth threads on the 665GL; one on the bottom and one on the side, so the monitor can easily be mounted on a tripod or camera rig.
- Screen size (diagonal)
- Aspect ratio
- Resolution (pixels)
- 1024×600 (native), 1920×1080 (maximum)
- Pixel pitch (mm)
- Scan frequency (Hz)
- Response time (ms)
- Viewing angle (degrees)
- 150º x, 145º y
- Brightness (cd/m²)
- Contrast ratio
- LCD backlight
- Video inputs
- HDMI, component, composite
- Video outputs
- Audio outputs
- Touch screen inputs
- Input power source
- DC 6-24V (via XLR, DC 12V only via DC jack)
- Operating temperature
- Please contact us
- Mount type
- ¼ inch BSW thread, shoe mount
- Width (mm)
- Depth (mm)
- Height (mm)
- Weight (g)
- Q. What connections can be used to attach my camera to this monitor?
- A. The 665GL-70NP/HO/Y can attach using an HDMI connector (mini HDMI to HDMI is included in the box), Composite connections, and Component connections. The Composite / Component connections are made using a BNC connection – converters for these are available upon request.
- Q. Does this unit have a touch screen?
- A. No – the smallest screen size we have with a touch screen is the model 669GL-70NP/C/T.
- Q. What is the power requirement of this monitor?
- A. The power supply included with the unit is a 12V 2A standard wall socket connector. The unit itself uses 9-24V, and the current usage is 650mA (50mA in standby). It is also equipped with an XLR 9-24V DC connector on the back of the unit.
- Q. Can I use my camera batteries to power this monitor?
- A. Yes – you can use certain types of battery to power this monitor. We supply converter plates which make the monitor compatible with the following types of battery : Canon LP-E6, Sony F-970, Sony QM91D, Panasonic DU21. An internet search for your camera model number should detail which battery you have, and whether or not it is compatible.
- Q. What are the monitor dimensions?
- A. The monitor dimensions are – Width : 194.5mm, Height : 150mm, Depth : 38.5mm
- Q. What resolutions does the 665GL-70NP/HO/Y support?
- A. The native resolution is 1024 x 600 pixels, however it will support inputs (through scaling) of 480p (640 x 480), 576i (PAL resolution interlaced), 720p (1280 x 720 progressive scan), 1080i (1920 x 1080 interlaced) and 1080p (1920 x 1080 progressive scan). Differences in aspect ratio between the input signal and the monitor can be rectified using the monitors built in aspect ratio configuration setting – however some ratios will result in horizontal “widescreen” bars or image stretching
- Q. How many pixels does the panel have?
- A. The panel has a native resolution of 800 x 480, giving 614440 pixels on screen.
- Q . What does the unit weigh?
- A. The weight of the unit is 584g
- Q. Can this unit be used for outside shooting?
- A. Yes – the 665GL-70NP/HO/Y has a screen brightness of 250cd/m and a Contrast ratio of 700:1. It also comes supplied with a sunshade to give added extra protection.
- Q. Can I attach headphones to this monitor for sound?
- A. Yes – you can do this – however the monitor will only play sound if the source connection is HDMI – the other connectivity cables do not pass sound into the system, only image.
Please note: product specifications, features, images and related downloads are subject to change at Lilliput UK's discretion at any time without prior notification. Lilliput UK Ltd cannot be held liable for outdated product information. Should customers have any queries about listed product specifications, please call Lilliput UK Ltd on +44 0845 0068868.