Lilliput's 667GL-70NP/H/Y has followed on from the hugely successful 668GL-70NP/H/Y as a 7 inch field monitor. This monitor provides key features that certain pro video customers require: XLR power input and battery plates compatible with a selection of camera batteries (please see details in Features below).
In addition to these great new features, the 667GL-70NP/H/Y still features the same high brightness LCD panel, HDMI video input, component video input, composite video input, ¼ BSW mounting thread and detachable sun hood.Buy Now! Orders of 5+
7 inch monitor with wide screen aspect ratio
Whether you're shooting still or video with your DSLR, sometimes you need a bigger screen than the tiny monitor built into your camera. The 7 inch screen gives directors and camera men a larger view finder, and the 16:9 aspect ratio complements HD resolutions.
Designed for the pro video market, at quarter of the price
Cameras, lenses, tripods and lights are all expensive - but your field monitor doesn't have to be. Lilliput are famous for manufacturing durable and high quality hardware, at a fraction of the cost of competitors. With the majority of DSLR cameras supporting HDMI output, it is likely your camera is compatible with the 667GL. The 667GL is supplied with all the accessories you need - shoe mount adapter, sun hood, HDMI cable and remote control, saving you a great deal in accessories alone.
High contrast ratio
Professional camera crews and photographers require accurate colour representation on their field monitor, and the 667GL provides just that. The LED backlit, matte display has a 500:1 colour contrast ratio so colours are rich and vibrant, and the matte display prevents any unnecessary glare or reflection.
Enhanced brightness, great outdoor performance
The 667GL is Lilliput's brightest monitor. The enhanced 450 cd/m2 backlight produces a crystal clear picture and shows colours vividly. Importantly, the enhanced brightness prevents the video content from looking 'washed out' when the monitor is used under sun light. The addition of the inclusive sun hood (supplied with all 667GL units, also detachable), the Lilliput 667GL ensures a perfect picture both indoors and outdoors.
Wide viewing angles
The display on the 667GL remains perfectly viewable 130 degrees horizontally and 120 degrees vertically (from the centre point). You can be standing adjacent to the monitor and still experience a perfectly clear picture.
This feature is useful for when there are multiple cameramen and a director standing around the one monitor to view content. Nobody will get a distorted picture!
Battery plates included
The key difference between the 667GL-70NP/H/Y and the 668GL-70NP/H/Y is the battery solution. Whereas the 668GL includes an internal battery, the 667GL includes two battery plates compatible with Sony QM91D and Panasonic DU21 batteries.
Please note: Lilliput UK Ltd will not accept returns on this product for battery incompatibility issues.
HDMI, and component and composite through BNC connectors
No matter which camera or AV equipment our customers use with the 667GL, there is a video input to suit all applications.
Most DSLR cameras ship with an HDMI output, but larger production cameras output HD component and regular composite through BNC connectors. Unique to the 667GL, this monitor is also available with an HD-SDI video input (model number 667GL-70NP/H/Y/S). By default, Lilliput UK Ltd stock the non-HD-SDI model, but please contact us for a quote.
Shoe mount adapter included
The 667GL is truly a complete field monitor package - in the box you will also find a shoe mount adapter, which can retail for around £20/€25 when purchased from camera equipment suppliers.
There are also two quarter inch British Standard Whitworth threads on the 667GL; one on the bottom and one on the side, so the monitor can easily be mounted on a tripod or camera rig.
|Screen size (diagonal)||7"|
|Resolution (pixels)||800×480 (native), 1920×1080 (maximum)|
|Pixel pitch (mm)||0.0635×0.190|
|Scan frequency (Hz)||60-72|
|Response time (ms)||15|
|Viewing angle (degrees)||130º x, 120º y|
|Screen rotation||Flip x, flip y|
|Video inputs||HDMI, component, composite
|Touch screen inputs||None|
|Input power source||DC 12V (via XLR and DC jack)
|Operating temperature||Please contact us|
|Mount type||¼ inch BSW thread, shoe mount
- CE certificate for 667GL (pdf, 107.17 KB, uploaded on 2014-10-23 11:42)
- Q. What connections can be used to attach my camera to this monitor?
- A. The 667GL-70NP/H/Y can attach using an HDMI connector (mini HDMI to HDMI is included in the box), Composite connections, and Component connections. The Composite / Component connections are made using a BNC connection – converters for these are available upon request.
- Q. Does this unit have a touch screen?
- A. No – the smallest screen size we have with a touch screen is the model 669GL-70NP/C/T.
- Q. What is the power requirement of this monitor?
- A. The power supply included with the unit is a 12V 2A standard wall socket connector. The unit itself uses 9-24V, and the current usage is 650mA (50mA in standby). It is also equipped with an XLR 9-24V DC connector on the back of the unit.
- Q. Can I use my camera batteries to power this monitor?
- A. Yes – you can use certain types of battery to power this monitor. We supply converter plates which make the monitor compatible with the following types of battery : Canon LP-E6, Sony F-970, Sony QM91D, Panasonic DU21. An internet search for your camera model number should detail which battery you have, and whether or not it is compatible.
- Q. What are the monitor dimensions?
- A. The monitor dimensions are – Width: 188mm, Height: 131mm, Depth: 33mm
- Q. What resolutions does the 667GL-70NP/H/Y support?
- A. The native resolution is 800 x 480 pixels, however it will support inputs (through scaling) of 480p (640 x 480), 576i (PAL resolution interlaced), 720p (1280 x 720 progressive scan), 1080i (1920 x 1080 interlaced) and 1080p (1920 x 1080 progressive scan). Differences in aspect ratio between the input signal and the monitor can be rectified using the monitors built in aspect ratio configuration setting – however some ratios will result in horizontal “widescreen” bars or image stretching (particularly common with Canon 5D-ii and Nikon cameras.)
- Q. How many pixels does the panel have?
- A. The panel has a native resolution of 800 x 480, giving 384000 pixels on screen.
- Q . What does the unit weigh?
- A. The weight of the unit is 510g
- Q. Can this unit be used for outside shooting?
- A. Yes – the 667GL-70NP/H/Y has a screen brightness of 400cd/m and a Contrast ratio of 500:1. It also comes supplied with a sunshade to give added extra protection.
- Q. Can I attach headphones to this monitor for sound?
- A. No – however the monitor does have a small speaker for cursory sound monitoring if required. It should be noted that the monitor will only play sound if the source connection is HDMI – the other connectivity cables do not pass sound into the system, only image.
- Q. How do I set the saturation level on the monitor to remain constant after power down? I have to reset this every time I use it.
- A. This can be accomplished by setting the saturation level in the correct menu, then pulling the power cable from the monitor. This will “flash” the saturation settings into the ROM and the setting will be saved.
Please note: product specifications, features, images and related downloads are subject to change at Lilliput UK's discretion at any time without prior notification. Lilliput UK Ltd cannot be held liable for outdated product information. Should customers have any queries about listed product specifications, please call Lilliput UK Ltd on +44 0845 0068868.