Professional photographers and video creators have long sought after a low cost, dependable and easy to use 7" field monitor. True to Lilliput's market position, the 668GL-70NP/H/Y combines durable hardware with incredible price.
The 668GL-70NP/H/Y features a 7 inch screen with enhanced brightness, HDMI input, component video input, composite video input, internal battery, ¼ BSW mounting thread and detachable sun hood, all at a price point that can save professionals a great deal of money.Buy Now! Orders of 5+
7 inch monitor with wide screen aspect ratio
Whether you're shooting still or video with your DSLR, sometimes you need a bigger screen than the tiny monitor built into your camera. The 7 inch screen gives directors and camera men a larger view finder, and the 16:9 aspect ratio complements HD resolutions.
Designed for the pro video market, at quarter of the price
Cameras, lenses, tripods and lights are all expensive - but your field monitor doesn't have to be. Lilliput are famous for manufacturing durable and high quality hardware, at a fraction of the cost of competitors. With the majority of DSLR cameras supporting HDMI output, it is likely your camera is compatible with the 668GL. The 668GL is supplied with all the accessories you need - shoe mount adapter, sun hood, HDMI cable and remote control, saving you a great deal in accessories alone.
High contrast ratio
Professional camera crews and photographers require accurate colour representation on their field monitor, and the 668GL provides just that. The LED backlit, matte display has a 500:1 colour contrast ratio so colours are rich and vibrant, and the matte display prevents any unnecessary glare or reflection.
Enhanced brightness, great outdoor performance
The 668GL is Lilliput's brightest monitor. The enhanced 450 cd/m2 backlight produces a crystal clear picture and shows colours vividly. Importantly, the enhanced brightness prevents the video content from looking 'washed out' when the monitor is used under sun light. The addition of the inclusive sun hood (supplied with all 668GL units, also detachable), the Lilliput 668GL ensures a perfect picture both indoors and outdoors.
Wide viewing angles
The display on the 668GL remains perfectly viewable 130 degrees horizontally and 120 degrees vertically (from the centre point). You can be standing adjacent to the monitor and still experience a perfectly clear picture.
This feature is useful for when there are multiple cameramen and a director standing around the one monitor to view content. Nobody will get a distorted picture!
Built in rechargeable battery
The 668GL has an internal, user replaceable, rechargeable battery that holds charge for around 2-3 hours of continuous use. One internal battery is supplied with the monitor as standard, and extra internal and external backup batteries can be purchased.
HDMI, and component and composite through BNC connectors
No matter which camera or AV equipment our customers use with the 668GL, there is a video input to suit all applications.
Most DSLR cameras ship with an HDMI output, but larger production cameras output HD component and regular composite through BNC connectors. You won't find component BNC on any other Lilliput monitor, but HDMI, component and composite are present on the 668GL - another reason why the 668GL is built for pro video applications.
Shoe mount adapter included
The 668GL is truly a complete field monitor package - in the box you will also find a shoe mount adapter, which can retail for around £20/€25 when purchased from camera equipment suppliers.
There are also two quarter inch British Standard Whitworth threads on the 668GL; one on the bottom and one on the side, so the monitor can easily be mounted on a tripod or camera rig.
- Screen size (diagonal)
- Aspect ratio
- Resolution (pixels)
- 800×480 (native), 1920×1080 (maximum)
- Pixel pitch (mm)
- Scan frequency (Hz)
- Response time (ms)
- Viewing angle (degrees)
- 130º x, 120º y
- Brightness (cd/m²)
- Contrast ratio
- LCD backlight
- Screen rotation
- Flip x, flip y
- Video inputs
- HDMI, component, composite
- Audio outputs
- Touch screen inputs
- Input power source
- DC 12V
- Operating temperature
- Please contact us
- Mount type
- ¼ inch BSW thread, shoe mount
- Width (mm)
- Depth (mm)
- Height (mm)
- Weight (g)
- Q. What connections can be used to attach my camera to this monitor?
- A. The 668GL-70NP/H/Y can attach using an HDMI connector (mini HDMI to HDMI is included in the box), Composite connections, and Component connections. The Composite / Component connections are made using a BNC connection – converters for these are available upon request.
- Q. Does this unit have a touch screen?
- A. No – the smallest screen size we have with a touch screen is the model 669GL-70NP/C/T.
- Q. What is the power requirement of this monitor?
- A. The power supply included with the unit is a 12V 2A standard wall socket connector. The unit itself uses 9-24V, and the current usage is 650mA when charging the onboard battery (50mA in standby). It is also equipped with an XLR 9-24V DC connector on the back of the unit.
- Q. Can I use my camera batteries to power this monitor?
- A. This unit is supplied with an onboard battery which is rated to last between 2 and 3 hours on a single overnight charge. External batteries are available that can extend this life, as are replacement batteries for the included unit.
- Q. What are the monitor dimensions?
- A. The monitor dimensions are – Width: 188mm, Height: 125mm, Depth: 33mm
- Q. What resolutions does the 668GL-70NP/H/Y support?
- A. The native resolution is 800 x 480 pixels, however it will support inputs (through scaling) of 480p (640 x 480), 576i (PAL resolution interlaced), 720p (1280 x 720 progressive scan), 1080i (1920 x 1080 interlaced) and 1080p (1920 x 1080 progressive scan). Differences in aspect ratio between the input signal and the monitor can be rectified using the monitors built in aspect ratio configuration setting – however some ratios will result in horizontal “widescreen” bars or image stretching (particularly common with Canon 5D-ii and Nikon cameras.)>/dd>
- Q. How many pixels does the panel have?
- A. The panel has a native resolution of 800 x 480, giving 384000 pixels on screen.
- Q . What does the unit weigh?
- A. The weight of the unit is 542g
- Q. Can this unit be used for outside shooting?
- A. Yes – the 668GL-70NP/H/Y has a screen brightness of 450cd/m and a contrast ratio of 500:1. It also comes supplied with a sunshade to give added extra protection.
- Q. Can I attach headphones to this monitor for sound?
- A. No – however the monitor does have a small speaker for cursory sound monitoring if required. It should be noted that the monitor will only play sound if the source connection is HDMI – the other connectivity cables do not pass sound into the system, only image.
Please note: product specifications, features, images and related downloads are subject to change at Lilliput UK's discretion at any time without prior notification. Lilliput UK Ltd cannot be held liable for outdated product information. Should customers have any queries about listed product specifications, please call Lilliput UK Ltd on +44 0845 0068868.